1. Baskin J.M. and Baskin C.C. 1981. Ecology of germination and flowering in the weedy winter annual grass Bromus japonicus. Journal of Range Management, 34: 369-372.
2. Baskin, C.C., and Baskin, J.M. 2014. Seeds: ecology, biogeography, and evolution of dormancy and germination. 2nd Eds. Elsevier/Academic Press, San Diego.
3. Bahrani M.J., Ramazani M., Shekafandeh A., and Taghavi M. 2008. Seed germination of wild caper (Capparis spinose L. var parviflora) as affected by dormancy breaking treatment and salinity levels. Seed Science and Technology, 36: 779-780.
4. Balouchi H.R., and Modarres Sanavi S.M. 2006. Effect of gibberellic acid, prechiling, sulfuric acid and potassium nitrate on seed germination and dormancy of annual Medics. Pakistan Journal of Biological Science, 9: 2875-2880.
5. Basiri M. 2016. The reaction of grain yield and yield components of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) varieties in competition with Japanese brome (Bromus japonicus Thunb.) in Sistan region. PhD Thesis. University of Zabol, Zabol, Iran. (In Persian with English abstract)
6. Bannayan M., and Najafi F. 2004. Final report study of germination in seeds of wild medicinal plants in Iran. Department of Agronomy, College of Agricultural,. Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad, Iran. (In Persian with English abstract)
7. Chasemi Pirbalooti A., Golparvar A.R., Riahi Dehkordi M., and Navid A.R. 2006. The effect of different treatment on breaking dormancy and stimulat germination of five species of medicin and aromatic plants in Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari. Research and Development on Natural Resources, 74:185-192. (In Persian with English abstract)
8. Che J.D., Yuan Z.Q., Jin D.H., Wang Y.M., Zhang G.W., Hu X.G., Wu J.Z., and Tian Z.Y. 2010. Study report of Bromus japonicas Thunb. biological characteristics. Beijing Agric, 36: 41-43.
9. Eslami S.W., Afghani F., and Mahmoodi S. 2008. Effect of environmental factors on germination and longevity of downy brome (Bromus tectorum) seeds. Iranian Society of Seed Science, 2:47-57. (In Persian with English abstract)
10. Finch-Savage W.E., and Leubner-Metzger G. 2006. Seed dormancy and the control of germination. New phytologist, 171: 501-523.
11. Gasch C., and Bingham R. 2006. Variation in seed germination characteristics among population of Bromus tectorum in the Gunnison Basin. Bios, 77: 7-12.
12. Greipsson S. 2001. Effects of stratification and GA3 on seed germination of a sand stabilizing grass (Leymus arenarius L.) used in reclamation. Seed Science and Technology, 29: 1-10.
13. Koochaki A., and Azizi G. 2005. Effect of different treatments on seed germination dormancy in Teucrium polium. Iranian Journal of Field Crop Research, 3: 81-88. (In Persian with English abstract)
14. Koornneff M., Bentsink L., and Hilhorst H. 2002. Seed dormancy and germination. Current Opinion in Plant Biology, 5: 33-36.
15. Karl M.G., Heitschmidt R.K., and Haferkamp M.R. 1999. Vegetation biomass dynamics and patterns of sexual reproduction in a norther mixed-grass prairie. American Midland Naturalist, 141: 227-237.
16. Li Q., Tan J., Li W., Yuan G., Du L., Ma S., and Wang J. 2015. Effect of environmental factors on seed germination and emergence of Japanese Brome (Bromus japonicas). Weed Science, 63: 641-646.
17. Liu K., Baskin J.M., Baskin C.C., Bu H., Liu M., Liu W., and Du G. 2011. Effect of storage conditions on germination of seeds of 489 species from high elevation grasslands of the eastern Tibet Plateau and some implications for climate change. American Journal of Botany, 98: 12-19.
18. Littell R.C., Stroup W.W., Milliken G.A., Wolfinger R.D., and Schabenberger O. 2006. SAS for mixed models. SAS institute.
19. Macchia M.L., Angelini G., and Ceccarini L. 2001. Methods to overcome seed dormancy in Echinacea angustifolia. Scientia Horticulturae, 89: 317-324.
20. Meyer S.E., and Allen P.S. 1999. Ecological genetics of seed germination regulation in Bromus tectorum: I. Phenotypic variance among and within population. Oecologia, 19: 225-239.
21. Meyer S.E., and Allen P.S. 2009. Predicting seed dormancy loss and germination timing for Bromus tectorum in a semi-arid environment using hydrothermal time models. Seed Science Research, 19: 225-239.
22. Meyer S.E., Allen P.S., and Beckstead J. 1995. Patterns of seed after-ripening in Bromus tectorum L. Journal of Experimental Botany, 46: 1737-1744.
23. Makizadeh Tafti M., Farhoodi R., Rastifar M., and Sadat Asilan K. 2011. Seed dormancy breaking methods in Caparis spinosa. Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Research, 8:569-577. (In Persian with English abstract)
24. Naebi M., Roshandel P., and Mohammadkhani A. 2011. Study of methods in dormancy breaking and enhancing germination in Rhum ribes. Iranian Journal of Medicine and Aromatic Plants Research, 17: 212-223. (In Persian with English abstract)
25. Najafi M., Bannayan M., Tabrizi L., and Rastgoo M. 2006. Seed germination and dormancy breaking techniques for ferula gammusa and Teucrium polium. Journal of Arid Environments, 4:542-547.
26. Ranal M.A., and Santana D.G. 2006. How and why to measure the germination process? Revista Brasileira de Botanica, 29: 1-11.
27. Rhie Y.H., Lee S.Y., and Kim K.S. 2015. Seed dormancy and germination in Jeffersonia dubia (Berberidaceae) as affected by temperature and gibberellic acid. Plant Biology, 17: 327-334.
28. Sarani M. 2005. Evaluation of different wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) cultivars in competition with Japanese brome (Bromus japonicus Thunb.). MSc Thesis. Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad, Iran. (In Persian with English abstract).
29. Tavili A., Safari B., and Saberi M. 2010.The effect of gibberellic acid and potassium nitrate on improving germination of (Salsola rigida). Journal of Range Research, 3: 272-285. (In Persian with English abstract)
30. Whisenant S.G., and Steven G. 1990. Post-fire population dynamic of Bromus japonicas American Midland Naturalist, 123: 301-308.
31. Wei M. 2010. Biological characteristics of Japanese brome observed in the wheat of Zhuangland country. Gansu Agricultural Science Technology, 8: 30-31.
32. Beckstead J., Meyer S.E., and Allen P.S. 1996. Bromus tectorum seed germination: between-population and between-year variation. Canadian Journal of Botany, 74: 875-882.
33. Salimi H., and Termeh F. 2000. A study on seed dormancy and germination in ten species of grass weeds. Rostaniha, 3:11-23.
34. Serrano C., Chueca M.C., and Garcia-Baudin J.M. 1992. A study of germination in Bromus spp. p. 217-221. In Proceedings of the 1992 Congress of the Spanish Weed Science Society.